Pages

Thursday 18 December 2014

I Hired an Integrated Pest Management Company for Controlling Pests in My Home

Ants, termites, cockroaches, oh my! Why are there so many pests and insects in North Shore? I don’t know but probably because of the climate, I guess. I moved to North Shore for the wonderful climate but I wasn’t aware that I would come in contact with these exasperating pests. However, now I know and am quite aware of these creatures!!
 
The climate and flourishing vegetation probably provide for a pest paradise in North Shore. Most of the pests here live outdoors. That is where they must stay. But sometimes they venture into homes as well looking for water, shelter and food. This is when they become a problem.
 I was facing a lot of problem with these creatures after moving to North Shore and so I made sure to control them.  The most common pests include cockroaches, ants, rats, mice, termites and fleas. For people like me, the tolerance level for these pests in homes is actually zero. I thus asked a professional pest control company in North Shore to deal with these pests. I hired an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) company for the job.
After all, IPM holds the key to eliminate the household pests. It basically suppresses or prevents pests without causing any sort of damage to the health, other living organisms and the environment. It only uses chemicals when needed. The three important steps of IPM include control, identification and prevention.
 
Prevention is basically the first and most important step. Usually, pests move into the homes seeking for water, food and shelter. So, these things first need to be eliminated to prevent them from entering the house. Pests even love damp and dark places where food is available readily. These areas need to be kept dry and free from any kind of exposed food materials. Opened food packaging must be stored in tightly sealed containers or refrigerator. Clutters like paper, piled boxes etc provide a shelter to the pests. Cluttering materials should be thrown away from house. The crevices and cracks that allow pests to enter must be caulked. Shrubs and trees, which touch the exterior of the home, must be trimmed.
 
Pest identification is even important and the next major step, which can help avoid larger pest problems in future. It is always essential to identify pests before applying the control measures. The IPM company that I hired implemented different control methods only after identifying the pests.
 
Guest Author Bio: Rowinnie Rios resides in North Shore. She often used to experience pest problems in her property. So, she very well knows how to deal with them. She recommends RIP Pest Management, a contractor of pest control in North Shore, to get in touch with for pest control services

3 comments:

  1. I would suggest you to hire Termite inspection mid north coast services atleast once in 2-3 months. It will help you to prevent growth of pests. Always take precautions as growth of pests and termites can damage your house. I always take help from reliable pest’s inspection services as it’s a matter of my home safety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afraid of Spiders & Rodents? You don't have to because now you have jeffthebugguy.com to eradicate this problem for you.
    Exterminator Services Michigan

    ReplyDelete


  3. good information on this topic. Great Work .Thanks for the post. I really like your blog visit for more information
    شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض

    ReplyDelete